Where nature is your neighbour, and downtown Toronto is just a few train stops away!
For additional information about homes featured on this page contact Chris Butryn, BA, LLB, Real Estate Sales Representative at (905) 668-6566.
17 Point Hope Place
You'll love living in this wonderful home, one of the larger townhouses on Point Hope Place that has a separate family room on the main floor in addition to the living room and dining room! It boasts gleaming wood flooring (which is immaculate by the way), gas fireplace, recessed lighting, and French style door from the breakfast area to the backyard deck. The yard is fenced and there's also an interlocking patio, perennial gardens and tall trees. The front entry has a big covered porch for relaxing during hot summer evenings, and looks west over Point Hope, a lovely street with no through-traffic. The floorplan is wide and spacious feeling, because the garage is detached so it doesn't take away any floor space. It has 2 doors, room for 2 cars and storage too. Upstairs, there's a master bedroom retreat featuring a walk-in closet and huge ensuite washroom with a soaker tub and glass shower. Most windows are replaced and the roof is newer as well. The basement is pristine and ready for your personal touch. This fantastic home is extremely walkable to all that coveted Whitby Shores has to offer... the Whitby GO Train Station, Waterfront Trail, athletic centre, shopping and amenities, the marina, yacht club, a secluded sandy beach, elementary school, conservation area, parks and more! There's even a dog park a quick drive away!
February 2018 Sales
Total number of houses sold in the neighbourhood during the month: 6
Average house sale price: $616,183
Average number of days on the market: 18
Average percent of asking price achieved: 100%
Source: Toronto Real Estate Board sales in Whitby Shores and Harbourside (houses west of the harbour).
(Average prices only are shown online. Sale prices of individual homes cannot be included because of current federal privacy laws and industry rules.)
The market is always changing
Are you thinking of selling your Whitby Shores home? Do you have questions about preparing your home for the market, other relevant sales, the right list price for your home, current market conditions, what to expect when selling, the best places to reach qualified buyers, how many days your home may be on the market, bidding wars, how purchase and sale agreements work and more? Contact me for a no-obligation marketing consultation appointment today!
My top 18 reasons for living in Whitby Shores:
1. Walk to the Whitby GO Train Station and get to downtown Toronto fast
2. Connect with nature every day: just hop on the Waterfront Trail
3. Join a state-of-the-art athletic facility for people of all abilities and ages
4. Shop and dine at the bright, modern grocery store, shops and restaurants
5. Enjoy the arts at Station Gallery and the nearby Courthouse Theatre
6. Kayak out of Port Whitby Marina
7. Go on a nature hike at scenic Lynde Shores Convervation Area
8. Walk to Whitby Shores Public School
9. Get the kids to local parks, bike trails, soccer, hockey or swimming quickly and easily
10. Relax at the secluded sandy beach
11. Appreciate stunning lake views from many homes
12. Enjoy a strong sense of community and a broad mix of residents from traditional and non-traditional families and singles to empty-nesters and seniors
13. Save time getting to ski hills, just up Lake Ridge Road
14. Avoid a lot of traffic on your way up to cottage country
15. Benefit from a history of strong real estate resale values
16. Get on the 401 and 407 link quickly
17. Take the dog across Victoria Street to the dog park
18. Enjoy living on a penninsula on Lake Ontario, surrounded by nature!
The ideal commuter neighbourhood for 416'ers!
Looking for a modern neighbourhood that's just a few train stops to Toronto? Whitby Shores is a short walk or cycle to the GO Train Station. It also has excellent highway access to both the 401 and 407 link. Living here nature is your neighbour AND you'll keep on one foot in the city!